Parents information session scheduled for Thursday evening, April 5th, 7:00 to 8:00pm in the basement of the rectory. Parents with teens attending for the first time are encouraged to attend.
STEUBENVILLE 2018 THEME
OPEN TO ALL YOUTH ENTERING 9TH GRADE IN 2018 UP TO 2018 GRADUATED SENIORS
“In this way the love of God was revealed to us: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him.” 1 John 4:9
We live in a world where there are voices shouting at us from all sides, trying to tell us who we are and who we aren’t, who we should be and who we shouldn’t be. If we pay too much attention to these voices, it won’t be long before we forget our true identity altogether.
But amidst all the noise is our loving Father, who wants to make Himself known to us and speak truth about who we are. God’s love is deeper and His plan for our lives is greater than anything the world has to offer – will we allow Him to reveal it to us?
This summer, over 50,000 Catholic teens across North America will participate in 25 Steubenville Youth Conferences, and we want you to be one of them! Come experience the love of God in a new and more profound way. He has so much in store for you.
ST CYRIL STEUBENVILLE IX
JULY 13 TO 15 2018
Franciscan L.E.A.D. July 9th to 13th 2018
Registration has begun. Registration is only to reserve your spot with a $100.00 deposit. Cost will again be $250.00pp if the participant participates in a fundraiser. Otherwise $350.00. Fundraising information can be found on the Youth Ministry page of the website. See the fundraiser tab
The liability platform will be e mailed to you in early June with instructions for completing.
We have secured 40 registrations. You are encouraged to register and make initial deposit ASAP to secure your spot.
Once we have the liability waiver please note the following:
- Register utilizing the Liability/Waiver form above. Click on link above. Complete for attendee. Electronically sign. Submit. NO NEED TO PRINT OR SEND TO RECTORY OR DAN RACKERS.
- ALLERGIES AND DIETARY NEEDS:
• All allergies and dietary needs are to be recorded on the Liability Forms.
• Steubenville food services department is able to accommodate allergies to Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Soy, Fish, Shellfish, Peanuts,
Tree nuts, Gluten, Dairy, Diabetic needs, and Low sodium.
• If your allergies are not on this list or if you require further assistance regarding allergies please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to the conference.
- Special meals are prepared for those with allergies. This is not a problem. Steubenville deals with 50,000 teens per year and have been doing this since 1975 so they have seen everything and are able to accommodate anyone’s needs. Please e mail them if you have any concerns.
- Make deposit of $100.00 and drop off or mail to rectory to the attention of Dan Rackers-or-mail to Dan Rackers @ 1218 Alex Lane, Warwick, PA. 18974
- Make check payable to St Cyril Youth Ministry
- Deposit of $100.00 is refundable up to April 1st
- Only deposit holds a reservation. We are beginning reservations later this year than usual so it is requested that those wishing to attend register ASAP. We have 40 reservations and will not be able to obtain additional spots.
- Final payment of $150.00 is due May 1st but registration will remain open until we are full.
- Total cost of trip is $350.00. Discount to $250.00 is applicable for attendee ONLY if attendee participates in one of our Steubenville fundraisers all of which are listed at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4aa8ac2da64-genesis
- Credit for participation will only be given if participant signs up on sign up genius
- Credit will not be given if you simply show up after a Mass to help
- Steubenville Departure Mass-Thursday July 12th, 5:00pm followed by dinner in the hall. Please make every effort to attend this Mass. Everyone is expected to attend.
- Arrival time Friday July 13th 6:45am. Buses will be there. Load buses. Grab breakfast and tee shirts in the hall. Board bus.
ALL MUST PARTICIPATE TO RECEIVE THE DISCOUNTED PRICE-PLEASE READ SO THERE IS NO MISUNDERSTANDING
Trip cost is $350.00pp ($250.00 with fundraiser). A $100.00 deposit holds your reservation. This is the only way to guarantee your reservation.
Deposit of $100.00 is refundable up to April 1st. After which it is non refundable as we will have paid Steubenville in full by that time
Final payment is due May 1st 2018
We ask each participant to pay $250.00. We fund raise the rest. In order to receive credit for participating in a fundraiser, YOU MUST, sign up for that fundraiser on the SIGN UP GENIUS the link of which is below. If you show up to help at the end of Mass and have not signed up on the sign up genius you will not get credit. Sign up NOW if you are planning on attending Steubenville.
WE WILL SCHEDULE FUNDRAISERS AS WE NEED THEM. YOU SHOULD SIGN UP TO PARTICIPATE IN A FUNDRAISER WHEN YOU REGISTER OR BEFORE. THERE ARE ONLY SO MANY OPENINGS FOR EACH FUNDRAISER. IF IT FILLS UP WE WILL SCHEDULE ANOTHER. IF NOT WE WON’T. FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO SIGN UP:
ADULT CHAPERON PARTICIPATION
For our Steubenville Youth Conference, Chaperons provide an indispensable role. We are blessed to have Chaperons that request to go in order to experience what their teen experiences. All chaperons will, if possible, have a son or daughter attending the conference.
We also welcome, if possible, young adults, 21 and older who either have attended or wish to attend Steubenville, and have a desire to share their Faith with teens. Closer in age to participants, they are a dynamic witness.
Everyone who chaperons must complete all clearances for child and youth protection as required by the diocese. This process for all new chaperons is administered by Liz Camire in the parish office at 215 343 1288. That process is begun by filling out the form below. Sign if and return ASAP to Liz. Liz is only in the office part time so if you need to meet with her it is best to call first and make an appointment. If you are a new chaperone and thus need to get all clearances please contact Liz ASAP to get the process started.
Nick Tumolo, Katerina Brumer, Jessica Carroll, Lily Roberts, Gianna LaRusso, Christine Curran, Chelsea Curran, Matthew Cohen, Sara Kuntz, Michael Saile, Paul Pelletier, Christopher Devlin, Elizabeth Heaney, Maddie Sadowski, Mollie Schibel, Liz Korger, Kelli Dougherty, Brandon Schmidt (ABW), Danny Goodwin (ABW), Callie Curran, Emily Curran, Jack Mannas, Madison Janusz, Gianna Schwinger, Grace Taylor, Molly Taylor,
Leadership, Evangelization and Discipleship
Our youth interested in attending LEAD should go to the Steubenville web page www.steubenville.org and go to the LEAD tab and read up on the information and application process. If you have an interest in attending L.E.A.D. it is necessary for us to talk it over so you are aware of exactly what is involved and what the expectations are. The application process is twofold. It consists of you going on the LEAD part of the Steubenville website and filling out the application on-line as completely and honestly as possible. Submit it to Steubenville and immediately a request is forwarded to me to fill out a referral application for you. My referral completes your application.
There is an additional cost for LEAD over and above the cost of the weekend. It is $380.00. Payment is directly to Franciscan University via paperwork sent to your son/daughter. Final payment is due May 15th
For further information on Franciscan LEAD, please see the LEAD tab above.
Follow the links below for a sampling of Steubenville music.
“We need saints without cassocks, without veils. We need saints that go to the movies that listen to music, that hang out with their friends. We need saints that place God in first place ahead of succeeding in any career. We need saints that look for time to pray every day and who know how to be in love with purity, chastity and all good things. We need saints – saints for the 21st century with a spirituality appropriate to our new time. We need saints that have a commitment to helping the poor and to make the needed social change. We need saints to live in the world, to sanctify the world and to not be afraid of living in the world by their presence in it. We need saints that drink Coca-Cola, that eat hot dogs, that surf the internet and that listen to their i Pods. We need saints that love the Eucharist, that are not afraid or embarrassed to eat a pizza or drink a beer with their friends. We need saints who love the movies, dance, sports, theater. We need saints that are open sociable normal happy companions. we need saints who are in this world and who know how to enjoy the best in this world without being callous or mundane. We need saints.” You can be that person. Say YES and join us in Steubenville