STEUBENVILLE 2018 THEME
OPEN TO ALL YOUTH ENTERING 9TH GRADE IN 2018 UP TO 2018 GRADUATED SENIORS
“In this way the love of God was revealed to us: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him.” 1 John 4:9
We live in a world where there are voices shouting at us from all sides, trying to tell us who we are and who we aren’t, who we should be and who we shouldn’t be. If we pay too much attention to these voices, it won’t be long before we forget our true identity altogether.
But amidst all the noise is our loving Father, who wants to make Himself known to us and speak truth about who we are. God’s love is deeper and His plan for our lives is greater than anything the world has to offer – will we allow Him to reveal it to us?
This summer, over 50,000 Catholic teens across North America will participate in 25 Steubenville Youth Conferences, and we want you to be one of them! Come experience the love of God in a new and more profound way. He has so much in store for you.
ST CYRIL STEUBENVILLE IX
JULY 13 TO 15 2018
Franciscan L.E.A.D. July 9th to 13th 2018
Pre-registration will begin soon. You will be notified by e mail and in the bulletin when that begins. Pre-registration is only to reserve your spot with a $100.00 deposit. Cost will again be $250.00pp if the participant participates in a fundraiser. Otherwise $350.00. Fundraising information can be found on the Youth Ministry page of the website. See the fundraiser tab
Formal registration will begin when I receive the liability platform from Franciscan. That is expected by January 1st, 2018.
Steubenville Pre Registration Form
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS YET TO BE UPDATED FOR 2018. STAY TUNED
Do the following:
- Register utilizing the Liability/Waiver form above. Click on link above. Complete for attendee. Electronically sign. Submit. NO NEED TO PRINT OR SEND TO RECTORY OR DAN RACKERS.
- ALLERGIES AND DIETARY NEEDS:
• All allergies and dietary needs are to be recorded on the Liability Forms.
• Steubenville food services department is able to accommodate allergies to Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Soy, Fish, Shellfish, Peanuts,
Tree nuts, Gluten, Dairy, Diabetic needs, and Low sodium.
• If your allergies are not on this list or if you require further assistance regarding allergies please contact us at
email@example.com so we can accommodate you.
- Special meals are prepared for those with allergies. This is not a problem. Steubenville deals with 50,000 teens per year and have been doing this since 1975 so they have seen everything and are able to accommodate anyone’s needs. Please e mail them if you have any concerns.
- Make deposit of $100.00 and drop off or mail to rectory to the attention of Dan Rackers-or-mail to Dan Rackers @ 1218 Alex Lane, Warwick, PA. 18974
- Make check payable to St Cyril Youth Ministry
- Deposit of $100.00 is refundable up to April 1st
- Only deposit holds a reservation. We are beginning reservations later this year than usual so it is requested that those wishing to attend register ASAP. It will help us to determine our transportation needs. We have 65 reservations but can obtain more if possible.
- Final payment of $150.00 is due May 1st but registration will remain open until we are full.
- Total cost of trip is $350.00. Discount to $250.00 is applicable for attendee ONLY if attendee participates in one of our Steubenville fundraisers all of which are listed at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f4aa8ac2da64-genesis
- Credit for participation will only be given if participant signs up on sign up genius
- Credit will not be given if you simply show up after a Mass to help
- Steubenville Departure Mass-Thursday July 6th, 5:00pm followed by dinner in the hall
- Arrival time Friday July 9th 6:45am. Buses will be there. Load buses. Grab breakfast and tee shirts in the hall. Board bus. Be sure to be on the correct bus. The bus you are on will be posted on this site.
- Please register as soon as you can to hold your spot. We are chartering two buses and thus can take 90 teens. We have reservations for 65 at present but the conference is not yet full so the sooner we know if we need additional reservations the better. Our Lady of Mount Carmel will be attending with us as they did last year.
Trip cost is $350.00pp ($250.00 with fundraiser). A $100.00 deposit holds your reservation. This is the only way to guarantee your reservation. Phone calls, text messages, forms etc. do not work.
Deposit of $100.00 is refundable up to April 1st. After which it is not refundable as we will have paid Steubenville in full by that time
Final payment is due May 1st 2017
We ask each participant to pay $250.00. We fund raise the rest. In order to get credit for participating in a fundraiser, YOU MUST, sign up for that fundraiser on the SIGN UP GENIUS the link of which is below. If you show up to help at the end of Mass and have not signed up on the sign up genius you will not get credit. All of the fundraisers, pretzel sales and K of C breakfasts are listed on the sign up genius. Sign up NOW if you are planning on attending.
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE LATER EVENTS IN APRIL AND MAY. IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON ATTENDING OR WHEN YOU MAKE THE DECISION, SIGN UP IMMEDIATELY. THERE ARE ONLY SO MANY SPOTS AND ONCE THOSE ARE TAKEN YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SIGN UP AND YOU WILL MISS OUT ON THE DISCOUNT.
ALL MUST PARTICIPATE TO RECEIVE THE DISCOUNTED PRICE-PLEASE READ SO THERE IS NO MISUNDERSTANDING
Our fundraisers for Steubenville are primarily pretzel sales that we hold in the winter and spring.
We do this after each Mass and it normally involves our participating youth staying after Mass for about 15 minutes. Alternately, should they attend another Mass they can come at the end and just do the pretzel sale. On one given weekend we simply ask for cash donations. We discount the price for the trip by $100.00 for each teen and in some cases we will fund the entire cost because we never want cost to stand in the way of any of our teens attending. This is too important. The teens work the events to earn the money.
Parents are asked to help but it is primarily the responsibility of the teens to participate.
In addition to the pretzel sales the Knights of Columbus sponsor pancake breakfast’s and other fundraisers and donate the proceeds to our Steubenville youth.
Our goal is to raise $12000.00. Our parishioners are very generous. Teens and adults can sign up for a fundraiser by going to the SIGN UP GENIUS on our website. Click on the following link:
ADULT CHAPERON PARTICIPATION
For our Steubenville Youth Conference, Chaperons provide an indispensable role. We are blessed to have Chaperons that request to go in order to experience what their teen experiences. All chaperons will, if possible, have a son or daughter attending the conference. Everyone who chaperons must complete all clearances for child and youth protection as required by the diocese. This process for all new chaperons is administered by Liz Camire in the parish office at 215 343 1288. That process is begun by filling out the two forms below. It is best to get the process started as early as possible. However, each chaperon, must also fill out both forms even if you were a chaperon in the past.
Inviting youth into a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit through a call to embrace the heart and mission of the Church.
What is our Mission?
Our focus is on bringing high school students into a life changing relationship with God.
We were created to seek and know the truth and encounter the life of God. Therefore, we are committed to boldly proclaiming Jesus Christ as the Way, the Truth, and the Life and illuminating for young people the richness of the Catholic Church. We understand that teens are constantly confronted with lies and choices that lead them away from Christ and the Church. Our conferences not only provide teens the opportunity to encounter Jesus Christ, but challenge them to live for Him. Through the power of the Sacraments, inspiring talks, dynamic music, and expressive praise, teens are given an awesome weekend that can literally change the course of their lives
Leadership, Evangelization and Discipleship
Our youth interested in attending LEAD should go to the Steubenville web page www.steubenville.org and go to the LEAD tab and read up on the information and application process. If you have an interest in attending L.E.A.D. it is necessary for us to talk it over so you are aware of exactly what is involved and what the expectations are. The application process is twofold. It consists of you going on the LEAD part of the Steubenville website and filling out the application on-line as completely and honestly as possible. Submit it to Steubenville and immediately a request is forwarded to me to fill out a referral application for you. My referral completes your application.
There is an additional cost for LEAD over and above the cost of the weekend. It is $370.00. Payment is directly to Franciscan University via paperwork sent to your son/daughter. Final payment is due May 15th
Follow the links below for a sampling of Steubenville music.
“We need saints without cassocks, without veils. We need saints that go to the movies that listen to music, that hang out with their friends. We need saints that place God in first place ahead of succeeding in any career. We need saints that look for time to pray every day and who know how to be in love with purity, chastity and all good things. We need saints – saints for the 21st century with a spirituality appropriate to our new time. We need saints that have a commitment to helping the poor and to make the needed social change. We need saints to live in the world, to sanctify the world and to not be afraid of living in the world by their presence in it. We need saints that drink Coca-Cola, that eat hot dogs, that surf the internet and that listen to their i Pods. We need saints that love the Eucharist, that are not afraid or embarrassed to eat a pizza or drink a beer with their friends. We need saints who love the movies, dance, sports, theater. We need saints that are open sociable normal happy companions. we need saints who are in this world and who know how to enjoy the best in this world without being callous or mundane. We need saints.” You can be that person. Say YES and join us in Steubenville